Just felt like sharing another layout... I did this recently with pictures taken in Rexburg at Thanksgiving. The big one of Ben and I is his first self-portrait. He's so adorable! Definitely a natural with the camera... lol. I might have to go back to Idaho soon so I can get a few more ;)
I'm so glad it's Friday! One of the guys I work with and I were talking yesterday and he mentioned that it's been one of those weeks where you're asking... is it Friday yet? and where did the week go? all at the same time. I totally agreed.
I love living someplace where I can actually listen to the radio and hear music... good music! I've been downloading again recently as a result :D Top 5 recent downloads:
1. Stolen - Dashboard (okay, I DL'd this quite a while ago, but it's still pretty much my favorite song right now)
2. Ladies and Gentlemen - Saliva
3. Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
4. Dig - Incubus
5. Can't Let Go - Landon Pigg
Finally, I just opened my gas bill. I'm going home to turn off my heat. Eeeek! It's like $40 more than the highest bill I had in VA. I guess the fact that I'm heating a townhouse instead of a condo explains some of it. And here I've been wandering around in a sweater with socks under my slippers and wrapped in a blanket when I watch TV (see #2 under idiosyncrasies... lol) thinking that I didn't dare turn up the heat any more. I'm glad I didn't! Oi vey! Steph, you mentioned your gas bill a while ago. I'm now feeling your pain. But hey, it's Friday. Nachos and hockey, baby!
...for something completely different!
I did this last week, but I wanted to share a recent layout and throw a little shout-out to April (and Danielle and Deb) for their absolutely ROCKIN' digital scrapbook kits that they've just put together. I do about 99.9% of my scrapbooking with good old paper and glue, but every now and then my adoration of Photoshop gets the better of me and I must play. I'm nowhere near as good as the other ladies I know who work with digital, but seeing these new kits spurred one of those play moments (and I'm sure there will be many more to come). These kits are gorgeous. Seriously. I used a few pictures from our row-boat adventure on the grand canal at Versailles since they went with the title I wanted to use :) Anyway, just thought I'd throw this up to share since it's been so long since I posted anything scrapbook-related.
I was tagged by Tammy! (I miss my VA scrapping buddies! lol). As such, I've been challenged to share my quirks and idiosyncrasies. As if the 3 people reading this don't already know most of them... lol ;)
1. Most obvious first. I'm a grown woman with a sticker collection. Enough said? lol.
2. I'm always, ALWAYS cold. Especially at work. I have one shawl in my computer bag and one in my desk drawer. I get crazy looks in meetings, but I have to have one or I freeze! (I'm wearing both of them at once as we speak, and feeling uncomfortable that the indian paisley shawl clashes with my outfit. The horror!) I appear to be the only one in my office with this problem, however.
3. I'm a little nutty about being organized. My family probably thinks this is amusing given the state of my closet and bedroom when I was young. But now, I like things in ROYGBIV color order (especially scrapbook supplies!) and I confess, I like to turn the cans so I can see the labels when I look in my cupboards. It's a little nit-picky, I realize this. But, I live alone so I can get away with it ;) If I turned the cans in my parents' cupboards when I went to visit them, trust me. I'd call a therapist.
4. I have to do things in a certain order when I get ready in the morning or I forget them. Especially my make-up. I've walked out of the house without eyeliner as a result. Once, I think I walked out with mascara on one eye and not the other. Let's not get started on the importance of not forgetting deodorant. 'Nuff said. Some routines are just necessary.
5. I can't STAND onions. Okay, I can't stand them when they're in their obvious oniony state. (Boiled in soup or diced and cooked in a sauce I can deal with). I'll pick onions out of chicken salad, and I've been known to remove a serving of funeral potatoes (which I love) from my plate because my dad, who LOVES onions, put so many in that I couldn't get rid of the flavor even after picking them out!
6. I like things to be straight and I'm easily distracted if they're not. Cupboard and closet doors closed, the remote control put away, pillows and slipcovers straightened, area rugs straight on the floor... lol. You get the idea. I'll stop doing something to get up and shut a cupboard door if I can see one that's open. No, I'm not OCD, but I think it's definitely a case of SaLAD (Single and Living Alone Disorder). Ooh. My acronym spells salad! (Bows to Captain Obvious.) I'm so using that from now on.
So now that you all KNOW for a fact that I'm a little nuts... lol. Moving on ;) Most of the bloggers I know have been tagged to death lately, so I'll refrain from tagging at this point (although, feel free to share :D ).
Okay, in reponse to several requests to post some pictures, here are a few shots of my new place :) I've had furniture for 2 weeks now, and it's been thrilling. I can't even tell you. lol. So, here's the tour.
First, looking down and then up from the landing where you come in from the front door / garage. Looking down, you can see my lovely laundry room on the right, and the door to my downstairs bathroom on the left. Fascinating, I know ;)
Finally we have the lovely upstairs. First, the upstairs hall with the guest bedroom and guest bathroom on the left side. Then there's my bedroom and my little scrapbook attic with the crazy-funky stairs to get into it. It's cozy, though, and I love it!
Last but not least is the outside. I haven't actually taken a picture from outside yet... this is pretty close to mine, only I have an extra parking spot instead of the grass (great for all the raves I've been throwing. Snort.) I have an end unit, which is great, and I also have a nice little patio in the back with a screen door... I can't wait until it gets warm so I can use it!
So there you have it :) Home sweet home.
Okay, I thought that for once I would do a fun little post and tag other people instead of always being the one tagged :D I found this on elise's blog today and, as I'm killing time and trying not to think about how much snow I'll have to shovel when I get home (and how much worse that's going to make my sore throat and stuffy nose), I thought I'd do it myself :)
A= Available~ yup.
B= Best Friend~ Melody.
C= Cake or pie~ cookies.
D= Drink of choice~ Diet Mt. Dew
E= Essential item you use everyday~ ipod and treadmill.
F= Favorite color~ blue
G= Gummy bears or worms~ cookies. heh.
H= Hometown~ Herndon, VA
I= Indulgences~ cookies (sensing a pattern?) okay, not really... lol. hot chocolate and bubble baths.
J= January or February~ February - it's closer to warm weather.
K= Kids and Names~ do dogs count?
L= Life is incomplete without?~ friends and family
M= Marriage date~ asphynctersayswhat?
N= Number of siblings~ 2 + my sister-in-law :)
O= Oranges or apples~ bananas
P= Phobias or Fears~ bugs. i hate bugs. they creep me out.
Q= Favorite Quote~ "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss
R= Reason to smile~ tonight there is hockey and tomorrow is Friday... long weekend!
S= Season~ autumn
T= Tag 3 or 4 people~ Steph, Rae and Boo
U= Unknown fact about me~ i can drive a forklift
V= Vegetable you don't like~ onions
W= Worst habit~ swearing at other drivers during rush hour - it's a work in progress.
X= X-rays~ x-ray vision is cool.
Y= Your favorite food~ just one? Well, right now I'm craving patacones with black bean sauce :D
Z= Zodiac Sign~ scorpio