Busy week! I've been getting back into the swing of things at work, and my days have been packed with meetings. Now that everyone is back from the holidays, it's definitely go-time! I'm glad to be busy, though. I also started my new semester at school - Entrepreneurial Management and Global Negotiations. So far I'm loving the first and the second... eh. I like the class itself, but I don't particularly enjoy negotiating. We'll see if this helps me like it better :)
Up in the craft attic, I've spent most of my time trying to restore the room to my preferred state of organization and cleanliness. It's hard because I have so much stuff in a small space, but I'm grateful to have a room of my own and I prefer a little overcrowding to the alternative of getting rid of it :) So I actually had a few shelves that I'd bought for my condo a bit over 4 years ago that never got put up. I finally pulled them out and hung them. Installation was deceptively simple... wall anchors are handy little things, but installing the suckers gives me problems every time. But they're up! And they've helped de-clutter quite a bit (that and putting away the pile of paper accumlated from various shopping trips and a few trips to the AC warehouse sale!). Hopefully now that it's organized I'll be more motivated to scrap :)
Speaking of... I was lucky to be one of the ones that got a great coupon from Two Peas in a Bucket that I could use for 25% off my entire purchase before the end of 2009. That's too good of a coupon to let go to waste, so I ordered a few things to play with. Since I've been playing around with letterpress-esque projects, I thought I'd try some of the QuicKutz Letterpress ink. I got a few tubes and played with some of it this weekend.
It works great if you squeeze out a bit and use a brayer. You definitely need to have some turpentine on hand to wash up afterward if you don't get the QK Letterpress cleaning cloths. I had turpentine, but I have a feeling the cloths will be easier so I'll probably pick some up eventually. I tried a few different mediums - chipboard, cardboard, two colors of cardstock and some metallic cardstock, all using my Cuttlebug embossing folder.
Not bad for a first batch! One thing I learned: use very little ink. The ones that I tried when my ink was almost gone came out with the best coverage and dried quickly... some of the others that I did early on are still a bit wet. Now I just need to decide how to use these... I was planning cutting them into different sized hearts or flowers for a layout. We'll see.
I also did a little catch-up on my Christmas journal. It seems kind of silly since I also spent part of the week pulling down Christmas decorations (all but my tree - I'm not quite ready to take it down yet), but I want to get pages made for the journaling I did.
One is about gift wrapping and the other is about my tree decorating style and the reasons why my tree is so different and unique. These were both fun... hopefully I can get the rest of the pages done soon. I've found that I prefer doing a Christmas album like this to doing actual scrapbook layouts. I'm not sure why - these are actually layouts too, but it just seems easier. I've got a pile of memorabilia that I collected while I was home specifically for my journal, so I can't wait to get it all done.
And now, it's time for my Sunday Evening with the Food Network ritual!