My quest to remake all of my old canvases continues... this time I did two of the smaller 8x10 canvas boards.
Here's the first one I did last weekend... playing off of a page that I really liked from my art journal:
Speaking of improving... I almost didn't do this next project because when I first thought about doing it, I didn't think I'd be able to. But I decided to try just taking it one step at a time. I wanted to do it based off of this photo that I took of some giraffes when Nicole and I were on safari in South Africa a few years ago.
I mean hey... they didn't even have their spots yet and they still pretty much look like giraffes! I still need to work on matching up the expression and features from the picture, but I did okay on positioning and perspective. So I kept going and finished it up.