It's ATC time! This month's swap theme was Mermaids and Sirens, and I slid mine in just under the deadline and got them in the mail with no time to spare. They just made it to Connecticut for tomorrow's swap! Whew!
Here are my cards:
Because I was running behind this month I decided to make a masterboard as the base of all of my cards instead of doing them individually; normally that's where I spend a lot of my time when I work on these.
This was my first time doing a masterboard for ATCs, but I think I'll do it again sometime! It was lots of fun and I like how the cards ended up having a unified look, yet they were each still different.
Here are close-ups of my nine cards:
On the left I made a frame with patterned paper and wrapped it ribbon and added embellishments - all from our kit. On the right, I cut out two different collage images and layered them with ribbon, patterned paper, and some cool flattened metal beads, also from the kit.
On the left of this one, there was a grungeboard sand dollar diecut in the kit that I painted and accented with Stickles, then I used a cutout collage image with some Dresden, patterned paper, and a strip of rhinestones. On the right, I used patterned paper with some lace stickers, thin Dresden, and some jewels and a charm from the kit. I framed the image with a chipboard frame from my stash that I painted and accented with glitter and some acrylic crystal thingies.
Left, just a cutout image on the background with some gold wax and a corner sticker. I layered trims and beads and Dresden. On the right, some burlap trim, Dresden, and jewels from the kit. I just matted the cutout on patterned paper. Both of these were relatively quick and simple, but I really like how they turned out!
Above left, I framed the collage image with patterned paper, a bead trim, acrylic embellishments, and a gold paint pen. Then just a bit of Dresden and ribbon. On the right, I had another grungeboard diecut - seahorse, that I also painted and glittered, and I cut the mermaid from the collage sheet and wrapped her around so she'd be riding the seahorse. Again, more Dresden and ribbon, and the frame was chipboard that I heat embossed and edged in gold.
Last but not least...
This one was lots of fun... the three little mermaids came from one collage image, and I cut out the coral image from a different sheet. More burlap trim, blue Dresden, and a few rhinestones. I thought this one was super fun!
That's it for this swap! I hope the group members who get one will like them, and I can't wait to see what everyone else did and which ones I get back! It's always so fun since we have such a great, really talented group :)